[MV] Headsets and bluetooth adapters

David Morrison David_Morrison at internode.on.net
Sat Oct 29 23:54:06 PDT 2011

>The problem is still going to be Bluetooth. It is a "lowest common
>denominator" issue. Bluetooth audio is what it is. Just because you
>hook it up to your stereo doesn't improve the quality of Bluetooth
>audio itself.
>
>Now, that having been said, the Dragon engine is so darn good that
>it might not make that much of a difference in terms of accuracy. So
>the bottom line is, you can try it, and if you are satisfied with
>the accuracy you are getting, that's all that counts.
>
>But I have to wonder - why go to all this trouble to make a
>Bluetooth mic work when there are already excellent choices for
>wireless mics out there that work great?

I'm afraid I have not been keeping up with microphones, and it was
just seeing that device that made me wonder whether it would work.
But you are right, a proper wireless headset would be simpler and
likely more reliable.

Are these the ones I should look at? Are there pros and cons for each of them?

Samson Airline 77 Wireless
Plantronics Calisto w/ Bluetooth Adapter
Revolabs xTag Wireless w/ USB Receiver

Thanks

David
--
David Morrison
PO Box 105, Cardiff, NSW 2285, Australia
David_Morrison at internode.on.net
Ph +61 2 49546164
IT Consulting and Support