[MV] Dictate - I added a new mic for mobile use

dealTek dealtek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 13:38:41 PST 2013

Hi all,

In the past, one obstacle to using dictate was that it was slower to load and use, so unless I was doing a sizable amount of dictation I tended to not use it.

Well, I'm happy to report that I have a newer MacBook which is powerful and has eight gigs of RAM so dictate seems to load and work much better.

Even so in the past, dictate was temperamental because I had to train a large size headset which of course was cumbersome to use while traveling and in a public place for example.

My newest addition to his thanks to dictate version 3 where I was able to add an additional microphone to my profile, something unavailable in past versions. So for a good mobile computing experience, I was able to add an iPhone microphone ear bud as a new microphone into my profile. After a quick training session I found that this microphone also worked well. And the great thing about this is that it is so easy to use in a mobile environment.

And I found that it seems to dictate fairly well even in a noisy location, assuming that you train it in a proper quiet environment.

So I thought that was a fun thing to share.

--
Thanks,
Dave - DealTek
dealtek at gmail.com