[PB] Fwd: Using my T616 as a dialup modem

Lee and Zehra Licata lalicata at aol.com
Fri Dec 17 06:29:24 PST 2004

Dear listmaster,

will this ever be posted?

lee

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lee and Zehra Licata <lalicata at aol.com>
Date: December 11, 2004 15:46:35 EST
To: powerbook at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
Subject: Using my T616 as a dialup modem

Dear list

I am running a Mac G4, 10.3.6.

I am using AOL as an ISP. (I know... find someone else.... Cannot at
this time...)

On weekends, I have free minutes with AT&T.

I want to use my G4 to dial into AOL via bluetooth (Sony Ericsson
T-616) and get my mail. Do not desire to use GRPS. ( (Called AT&T. they
only will give to me the GRPS access #. Data not free.))

Running the latest version of AOL. It comes with lots of Ericsson t39
scripts. None seem to work.

Called AOL! Got no where. they want me to use the internal modem. When
they could not get it to work, they told me to call Apple.
Apple states that since I can get the phone and the computer to talk,
the problem is with AOL.

If someone can give me a hint on how to do this, would appreciate it.

Off-line emails are OK> Once I get it working, will post the solution.

Thanks!

Lee

lalicata at aol.com