[PB] first crash on new PB

rob morris rob.morris at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 5 09:15:56 PST 2004

> From: Brian Olesky <brian4 at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: [PB] first crash on new PB
>
> On 11/5/04 10:47 AM, "David Lambourn" <David.Lambourn at blueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> I have had three 'kernel panics' since installing OSX, and Word has
>> been open on all three ocassions, and to the best of my memory , was
>> the top window each time.  So, I suppose my question, for the time
>> being, would be: Has anyone had a kernel panic when Word wasn't open?
>
> Don't know if this is relevant, but I have Word X open and in heavy use for
> up to 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, on my 600 Mghz iBook (2 1/2 years,
> Jaguar) and my new PowerBook (about 3 months, Panther) and have never had a
> single kernel panic.
>
> Brian

 Me neither...and I use Word quite a bit.  I have never had one Kernel
Panic.  On another few lists, and some folks here know this person but
Trevor Hutley had massive issues with Kernel Panics both on a Titanium as
well as now on his AL Powerbook.  He recently sent it off to Apple for
service I believe and was told it was a logic board issue.
See what happens, how many times it happens still, and I would contact Apple
Tech Support and discuss this with them.