[PB] My PowerBook Has A Mind Of Its Own!

Robert (Bob) P Andris bobandris at comcast.net
Fri Nov 5 13:13:50 PST 2004

My 17" 1.3GHz PowerBook, running 10.3.5 has suddenly developed a mind
of its own with respect to its two highest level windows.  I set all
of my classic icon style windows to "Icons", "32x32" Icon size, "10
pt Text size", "Bottom" label position, "Snap to grid", and "White"
Background. By "classic icon style" I mean  the Finder windows
WITHOUT the "Toolbar".

I do a normal shutdown and the later bootup.  When I open the main/or
highest level hard disk window - it comes up in the "Toolbar" style.
So does the next level "Applications" window.  All others, below that
are as I previously left them.

Next I will reset those two windows to the non-Toolbar style.  Use
the machine for quite a while and the windows always remain as I had
just set them.  Shut'er down - repeat the bootup and those two are
back in the Toolbar style!

Has anyone seen this?  More importantly, does anyone know what to do
to get it back to normal?

Many Thanks,
          Bob