[PB] adding ram

rob morris rob.morris at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 30 09:18:58 PDT 2004

No, there are two ram slots in the powerbook, whereas on the iBooks you have
one chip built-in and one ram slot to work with.
On your book, you can put 1 GB RAM chips in as well, a bit expensive, but
their prices are dropping a bit lately.

> From: Brian Olesky <brian4 at sbcglobal.net>
>
>> On 9/30/04 11:00 AM, "rob morris" <rob.morris at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> The 256 chip on the bottom is not "built-in" rather it is removable too. You
>> can add another 512 there...or did I misunderstand you comment? :)
>> You have two ram slots.  RAM is not built onto the board at all in these
>> books.
>>
> Aha, that's good to know. Guess it's not like my old iBook, where one chip
> was "built in." So right now I've invested about $60 in upgrading one of the
> 250's to 512. I guess it'll cost me another $60 to do it again. Since I
> dislike the thought of having to buy two 512 chips just get an extra 256
> from each, I may wait since I've only had the PB for a few weeks, and see
> how well it does on 768.
>
> Brian

Yep, there are two ram slots in the powerbook, whereas on the iBooks you