[PB] PBG4 Hard Drive won't spin

Michael Lamb mlamb at isd.net
Mon Apr 11 22:50:39 PDT 2005

Any suggestions on getting a dead drive to spin again just long enough
to rescue data? (Symptom before dying: noisy change in RPM for slow to
fast to slow, repeating; now it is silent and does not appear on the
Desktop.)

I read that it is doable to remove the 60GB drive from my Dec 2002 PBG4
1GHz (OS9 bootable) and put it into a FireWire/IDE case (such as
http://www.transintl.com/store/category.cfm?
Category=2517&Prod_ID=210&Filler=No#Prod210) but would that help? (In
the [process I could perhaps access the innards and give them a little
spin to loosen them?)