[PB] Since we're already OT... (Loading OS X on G3)

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Fri Jul 1 14:44:03 PDT 2005

I think you're correct about the bad installation media.  I kept
getting software crashes.

My former roommate was a salesman for Apple last fall, so he has an
"Apple Internal" copy of 10.3.5 sitting around.  The install goes
perfectly the first time.  However, upon restart, I see the OS X
startup screen, but then I get a black screen followed by some up-
beat music.  Another restart, and for a few seconds I see a blue
border and a movie start, then another blank screen followed by the
up-beat music.

Unless I hear another suggestion, I'm going to try and connect a 17"
flat panel to this thing and see if I can at least get through the
install.

Thanks for your advice.

Eric