[PB] Battery endurance (was: Test)

Mike Hernandez sequethin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 12:32:12 PDT 2005

On 6/29/05, Murray Kastner <murrayka at mac.com> wrote:
> How long does the battery in your PB last? And which PB do you have?
> And, lastly, I would like to know if there is any advantage to buying
> an extra battery and alternating them?

I got my pb about a month or 2 ago, it's 15" 1.67Ghz, 1GB RAM,
128MB/dual-head video, etc.

I did calibrate my battery (found that  in the manual while looking
for the answer to my 'how did I manage to get my keyboard to light up
like that?' question haha) and I turn off my airport and bluetooth
unless I need them, which isn't so often. I get about 3.5 hours of
battery life if I just listen to bassdrive.com [boh! ;)] and surf the
net, use neo office, etc.

The battery life is shortened by about an hour if I decide to mess
around with blender, or when I tell fink to try compiling some linux
app that I miss.

I was really glad when I realized that I could turn my airport and
bluetooth off, because 2 hours of battery just didn't seem right at
all...  I don't foresee myself going somewhere that I couldn't charge
my battery any time soon, so I haven't considered getting an extra
battery.

Glad to see some activity here!

Mike