[PB] Battery endurance

at leX zifnab at mac.com
Wed Jun 29 13:12:39 PDT 2005

On 29 Jun 2005, at 20:18, Murray Kastner wrote:

> How long does the battery in your PB last?
Depends what you are doing with it and how it is set up:
More Ram means longer battery life as the Mac will need to use the HD
less for swap space
Using the CD/DVD drive will lower battery life LOTS as will accessing
the HD lots.
I can happily watch a 2hr dvd on my Al or Ti before the battery warning
comes up with apple batteries and better with Other World Batteries

> And which PB do you have?

A  Pismo G3
A  Ti 867
and an Al 1GHz

> And, lastly, I would like to know if there is any advantage to buying
> an extra battery and alternating them?

  I have multiple batteries for long haul flights and swap them out
then, but I have found no great advantage in swapping them out
regularly.
I have apple batteries and other world batteries for my Ti which give
an amazing boost to battery time. On the Ti about 30 to 40 minutes and
about 20 to 30 minutes on the Al longer than the apple batteries!
http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/powerbook/batteries/

Alex