[PB] Battery endurance (was: Test)

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Wed Jun 29 14:04:06 PDT 2005

On Jun 29, 2005, at 2:18 PM, Murray Kastner wrote:

> Okay, let's 'prime the pump' as it were. To do that I throw out a
> question, general in nature. but well-suited to plumb the latent
> strength of this new list. It is:
>
> How long does the battery in your PB last? And which PB do you
> have? And, lastly, I would like to know if there is any advantage
> to buying an extra battery and alternating them?
>
> Like many of you, I have my own estimate but it will be interesting
> to get the feedback. And if you want to kick-start this list, throw
> out some grist for the mill!
>
> Murray
[extra crap deleted]

Hello,

I've been on this list since September of 2004, and I have a total of
40 messages.  That's all time.  Heh.

Anyway, I have Powerbook G4 12", which, when using wireless with
Safari, or wireless and iTunes (AirTunes), I can get about 4.5 hours
from a fully charged battery.  That's now.  My battery capacity does
not seem to have decreased since I purchased this Powerbook back in
September.  I, personally, see no point in buying another battery,
unless you use yours up on a consistent basis.

HTH