[PB] Battery endurance (was: Test)

Mike Hernandez sequethin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 15:26:40 PDT 2005

On 6/29/05, Richard McKay <richard.mckay1 at virgin.net> wrote:
> When you say you calibrated your battery what do you mean? I haven't seen
> any tool for this (GUI anyway) and would be interested. Curious why you
> wouldn't be using the wireless connection to be online though...one of the
> best reasons to have a Book instead of a laptop IMO.

As I mentioned in another post, this is my first pb and I haven't had
any other experience with pb's to go on. This fact lead to a pleasant
surprise when my keyboard lit up the first time. I thought I had
pressed a button by accident and tried a million ways to make it light
up again (it went out immediately after).  After a brief period of
panic I consulted my user manual and was enlightened - no pun intended
- the keyboard lights up in low light conditions! How convenient :)
While flipping through the manual I found the page on battery
calibration which told me to use the pb until the battery ran out and
the book went to sleep, then charge the battery to full.

As for not using wireless, at home I do use it when I don't feel like
sitting at my desktop (a dell running linux from scratch). At work I
have a switch right next to my desk so I just plug in. I've found that
although wireless is great at times, wired networking is just more
reliable and uses less battery.

Mike