[PB] Vertical stripes on Powerbook G4

David Lambourn David.Lambourn at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 06:13:03 PDT 2005

I have seen a similar phenomenon on a laptop due to over-heating.

David.

On 7 Oct 2005, at 13:15, Ruqayya Abdus-Salaam wrote:

Please help. I bought a used Titanium Powerbook G4 15" 667 MHz with
1GB of ram and an 80G hard drive running Tiger. It came loaded with
software from ebay with a 30day guarantee. I was ecstatic for the
price. Worked great for the first month I had it. One night I was
working on it and the screen suddenly zapped out to vertical stripes.
I restarted it and it came back - but not for long. It gets hot -
sometimes enough to "shock" my wrist but I don't know if this has
anything to do with it. I can get it to come on for a few minutes at
a time but the least jarring movement will zap it out again.
Sometimes it works for a couple of hours then "zap". It may get small
fuzzy squares then it goes to vertical stripes.But when it does come
back with a clear screen the data is intact and the image is clear.