[PB] (no subject)

Vishal overjoyed at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 17:41:37 PST 2006

Thanks for discussion y'all.  I am going to sell my powerbook, and use the
cash to buy a slick white Macbook.  The Macbook will be of the same decor of
a couple of other gadgets I have, my white Nintendo DS lite, and my 1st gen
ipod shuffle.  I was testing out the macbook in store today, the keyboard is
not as slick as my powerbook.  I hope not having a dedicated video card
doesn't deter from the Macbooks usability.  I don't mind the smaller screen
on the Macbook because I like the form factor a lot with the magnetic lid.

So does anyone object to my move of getting rid of my top of the line G4
powerbook for a white Macbook?

Jean-Paul, I will email u reagrding selling my powerbook.

On 11/6/06, Philip J Robar <philip.robar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 5, 2006, at 10:05 PM, rob morris wrote:
>
> > ... Also, the way the graphics work, in that it [h]as no graphics
> > card,
>
> Umm, not quite. The problem is that they don't have dedicated graphics
> memory, i.e. they use regular system memory for graphics. This sharing
> slows down both the computer and graphics a little. That being said,
> the Intel graphics chips used in the MacBook are pretty good as far as
> these things go.
>

> > it is really slow in regards to games and other video intensive
> > tasks and apps.
>
> Well, you're entitled to your opinion of course, but I think that
> you're exaggerating the issue. (Then again I don't play games ...)
> MacBooks can play back all but the highest level of HD video (1080P) -
> that's good enough for me.
>

> Phil

Don't give in to astonishment.