[PB] (no subject)

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:26:11 PST 2006

On Nov 5, 2006, at 10:05 PM, rob morris wrote:

> ... Also, the way the graphics work, in that it [h]as no graphics
> card,

Umm, not quite. The problem is that they don't have dedicated graphics
memory, i.e. they use regular system memory for graphics. This sharing
slows down both the computer and graphics a little. That being said,
the Intel graphics chips used in the MacBook are pretty good as far as
these things go.

> it is really slow in regards to games and other video intensive
> tasks and apps.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion of course, but I think that
you're exaggerating the issue. (Then again I don't play games ...)
MacBooks can play back all but the highest level of HD video (1080P) -
that's good enough for me.

Phil