Backlight not coming on

Daniel Borge dani at borgepalace.com
Wed Dec 31 16:55:20 PST 1969

Woke up this morning, opened my Ti800 from its sleep, and there was no
backlight on the screen.
I can see the desktop barely, but only if I am in good room light. The
backlight does not seem to work...

Ops...

Still within my one year period, so it is covered, but was hopeing it
could be solved in another way....

Restarted the machine, and switched it off for a while. Inserted the
hardware test CD, but no errors was found,
Backlight turned all up, and down....and up again to test.
Also pushed that little button under the keyboard in the left upper
corner.

Writing this from an external monitor.

Have my final diploma work presentation this week, and I need the
laptop for that....have not fully finished the keynote
presentation...and the external monitor is a TV, so it's not to work
on....

plus, it is saturday...no stores open at this time here in Budapest,
Hungary...

Any idea people?

-Daniel Borge
http://www.borgepalace.com