[Ti] New Battery in older PB

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Tue Dec 3 06:31:41 PST 2002

At 10:10 +0100 3-12-2002, Glenn Verhalle wrote:
>Going on a trip and find the $ for an extra battery too expensive
>since this is probable the only time I'll ever use it. Would a
>battery from a new 1Ghz work in my 667 (second generation) and if so
>would it provide a (slightly) better battery life ?

Glenn - I believe that this issue has been addressed before on this
list, and from memory I think that the answer is yes on both
accounts.  yes, they fit, and yes they will provide a longer battery
life than the original one in an older Ti.

Battery capacity:	Rev. A	50   mAh	(I have this)
		Rev B	55.3 mAh
		1 GHz	61    mAh

I get the impression that the battery on my "original" Ti-500 is
getting to the end of its life (or it may be that OS X is more
demanding, or a combinationm of both) and I am thinking about getting
a new higher-capacity battery.  Maybe in the new year ......

regards,  Trevor