[Ti] Keyboard marks screen

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Tue Dec 3 06:42:19 PST 2002

Gerry,

Sorry to hear of this.. Many on this list have had amazing experience with a
product called 3M Bump Ons.. Small adhesive clear domes of soft plastic -
place them on the top corners of your screen and it will never touch your
keyboard again.

I haven't tried these yet - but plan to soon. Haven't been very mobile
lately so the keymarks haven't been a big issue.

I know that is disappointing news - just plopping $thousands down for your
new book.

A far as cleaning - many go out and buy specialty wipes and cloths/cleaners
- I think they're a waste of money. Grab a very soft very clean cloth and
with a little water and very mild soap you can clean your whole screen/book
without any problems.

Do not forget to clean your keyboard too! The marks you see are a result of
the finger grease buildup transfering from your keyboard to your screen, I
was surprised to see how clean my screen remained if I simply cleaned the
keyboard often.

Otherwise I place a piece if cotton cloth down on the keyboard while
travelling to prevent the whole mess in the first place.

On 12/3/02 3:23 AM, "Gerry Orkin" <gerryo at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've seen reports that earlier tiBooks suffered from screen marking as
> a result of contact between the keyboard and the screen.
>
> 'Fraid it's a problem on my new OneGigaHurts 'book too. Not grease
> marks - small parallel lines that look like marks made by the edges of
> some keys - they are in pairs and the width between them is the same as
> that between the keys...
>
> Off I go to get a piece of chamois... what else do people use?
>
> Gerry

Bill Reburn