[Ti] Keyboard marks screen

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Tue Dec 3 10:16:50 PST 2002

Hey Bill,

How long was it between when you noticed the marks and when you tried
removing them?

I only ask because I have a friend who has a Ti400 and the marks on his
screen are permanent (albeit quite hard to see, near Fkeys). Friend had in
fact waited a very long time to try and remove them and we assumed this to
be a result of that waiting. I guess something on his fingers was
transferred to the screen a la keyboard and voila.. Permanent markings..
Even with a 'pitted' texture as you describe. He is very hard on his book..
But cleans new screen marks (and his keyboard) off regularly now.

This early in the equation though - for a GhzTi to have these marks (if they
weren't there when opened for the first time out of the box), I think it
would be safe to trace back to the finger grease issue.

Gerry - let us know how it turns out - clean that screen/keyboard!

See ya!

On 12/3/02 10:03 AM, "Bill White" <billwhite at mac.com> wrote:

>> Trust me; those ARE grease marks.
>
> I have the same problem with identical marks on the screen of my Ti G4/500
> and they are most definitely *not* grease. I've tried every cleaning method
> suggested in every posting over the past several months, and while a lot of
> stubborn marking have come off there are still noticeable patterns on the
> screen. Gently moving a fingernail over them reveals that the screen is
> lightly pitted in those areas, and the areas match the keyboard layout.
>
> Now I use a thin piece of leather. If only I knew then what I know now.
>
> Bill

Bill Reburn