[Ti] Keyboard marks screen

macsleuth at sympatico.ca macsleuth at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 3 10:12:21 PST 2002

on 12/3/02 1:03 PM, Bill White at billwhite at mac.com wrote:

>> Trust me; those ARE grease marks.
>
> I have the same problem with identical marks on the screen of my Ti G4/500
> and they are most definitely *not* grease. I've tried every cleaning method
> suggested in every posting over the past several months, and while a lot of
> stubborn marking have come off there are still noticeable patterns on the
> screen. Gently moving a fingernail over them reveals that the screen is
> lightly pitted in those areas, and the areas match the keyboard layout.
>
> Now I use a thin piece of leather. If only I knew then what I know now.
>
> Bill

> Need help from a real person? Try.

> Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
> Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml
Yes, oil from our fingers. Also, that contains a small amount of some type
of acidic something or other. Over time, I imagine that this (something or
other), is what is etching your screen. Most times I'm able to remove most
of the outline. But If I lok closely, I can see a faint outline still there,
doesn't affect my work, so no worries.
(sorry for all the technical jargon)
Gary