[Ti] Dent in the lid

Jeffrey K. Lew jklew at ucla.edu
Wed Dec 4 11:09:12 PST 2002

>Bear wrote:
>
>>  Needless to say I resolved my screen problem ie not working at all
>>but I did cause damage to those lugs. It was cosmetic only but I
>>suggest it is best left to Apple.
>
>Thanks for the info.  If you happen to come across that address, I'd
>sure appreciate it.  I figured if I can get the screen out of the
>way, I *should* be able to remove that little dent in the cover as
>easily as it got put there.  Titanium is rather easily bendable :-)
>--

Chris,

You won't be able to get your display assembly apart without damaging
the top cover, since it is glued on (for some odd reason, Mark Jones
thought his plastic Wallstreet was assembled like our Titaniums...the
assembly instructions are not at all interchangeable). It's like
popping the cap off a beer bottle--the metal lid will bend as you try
to break the glue seal. If you try to loosen the glue with heat,
you'll probably damage the LCD screen.

Your best bet would be to live with the dent, unless you come across
a small enough vacuum device that's used to pull dings out of car
doors.

Jeff Lew