[Ti] Cleaning screen

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Fri Dec 6 07:37:08 PST 2002

I *believe* that by "coated" they are often referring to the coatings placed
on older Monitors for anti-glare or the coatings applied to eyeglasses for
protection from UV, anti-glare and so on.

These are actually micro film layers applied to the outside of your lenses
that can be scratched/rubbed/washed off if not careful.

I do not believe your Ti LCD has any coating on it.. Nor do most monitors or
TV's produced these days (or they're very robust to stand up against the
abuse of Windex and friends).

I am no professional in these area's though.. Anyone else care to chime in?
If Mr Bill White has been using it - with no adverse effects.. Looks like
you should be good.

I don't see any reason to use anything more than the worldly universal and
100% guaranteed - mild soap and water - but if you MUST bug something.. I
guess this fits the bill.

On 12/6/02 7:15 AM, "Jack Bozzuffi Jr" <jakebozz at voicenet.com> wrote:

> I just picked up some "Endust for Electronics" but got "cold feet."  I called
> the
> toll-free number on the side of the can to double check about use on laptop
> LCD
> screens.  The rep said, "if the screen is coated, I wouldn't use it."   Anyone
> know if
> the TiBook (667) has a coated screen?
>
> PS: Bill:  have you tried the "Endust for Electronics" Wipes?
>   Jack
>

> Bill White wrote:
>
>> By far the best screen cleaning solution I've found is the aerosol (blue can)
>> Endust
>> for Electronics spray. Sprayed on a lint-free cloth (or even a
>> paper towel!) and applied to the screen and/or the case, it dries immediately
>> with
>> no streaking whatsoever. It's available in grocery stores,
>> in least in this area, and it truly works.
>>
>> Bill
>
> -- --
>   |    Jack Bozzuffi Jr.    |
>   |    Sewell, NJ  08080    |