[Ti] Cleaning screen (no paper products)

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Fri Dec 6 07:43:28 PST 2002

You are absolutely correct about not using a paper product to clean your
lenses. Where does paper come from? Wood! (I know we all know that)

Wood is simply too abrasive for any glass.. It's just that damage often
takes a while to appear (very very fine scratches) and people replace their
glasses more frequently these days and aren't bothered so much by it.

The Microfibre clothes are awesome - just do not put them in the dryer when
you wash it. I use mine on the TV's, Monitors, glasses and other fine easily
scratchable items (iPod's).. Often not requiring ANY claning products.

On 12/6/02 7:35 AM, "Alan Vonderhaar" <ALANV at one.net> wrote:

>> I use a small spray bottle of eye glass cleaner. My lenses are coated, and
>> the person at the place says it gentle enough for coated glasses it should
>> be fine for LCD panels, So far, cleaning for a year, no problems. I spray a
>> soft tissue then gently wipe the screen.
>> My 2 cents.
>> Gary
>>
> I concur, with a caveat: They told me NEVER to use paper products to clean
> my coated lenses, so I've used microfiber cloths (available at opticians and
> photo stores) on a succession of Powerbooks with no problem.
> I think Endust is too greasy.

Bill Reburn