[Ti] humble request

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Fri Dec 6 08:38:47 PST 2002

Let's put this into perspective, ma-an. That "netiquette" is outdated.
In the "damn good ol' days" a few lines actually made some sort of
difference. 9600, even 56k connections, geeks were quite aware of the
bandwidth. Bandwidth was hi-dollar. Routers were sparse and fiber was
still being patched in, and phone line time cost by the minute.

But today, the old King Sized Net is dead, closed up, tightened down,
boarded over, re-routed to the Pentagon, and sold out to a few lawyers
and CEO's. Now it is full of corruption, greed, corporate invasion,
evil, soft money, overvalued stock, V.D., laws for laws for laws, rules,
POP ups, overly sensitive mom's, impedent but well-dressed lawyers,
advertising, HTML mail, Flash, SPAM, jokes, Virtual Cards, Outlook
Express mail, viruses, unaltered JPG's, did I say SPAM ten hundred
times? The RIAA's tears alone take up 4 billion lines of code a day.

The only guy who is actually helping the Internet bandwidth issue is
King George, who tears web-sites down if he doesn't like the looks of
'em or what they say. Hey, it does save some bandwidth.

We delete 100 SPAMS from the Inbox, and hope we don't delete a message
from our boss, 20 lines (if that) of miserable text which
display--heaven forbid-individuality, or identify the list, is so
irrelevant IMO. Complaining about a few lines of simple text is like
complaining about hanging clothes to dry on a cloths-line while it's
pouring down rain.

Now, there is nothing wrong with promoting clean e-mails. Nothing wrong
with that. :-)

BTW, the list info only appears once unless someone replies under the
sig, IIRC. So, no matter how many times you reply to the list, the email
retains only one footer. Is that right? I guess we'll find out when I
hit the send button right now.

Hutley