firewire hd (bus powered) or case recommendation sought

Mike Stanley macguy at guarded-inn.com
Fri Dec 6 11:37:20 PST 2002

I need to buy either a bus-powered firewire hard drive (complete) or,
if the price is so much more right, buy a separate firewire enclosure
and stick a 2.5 inch drive inside it.  Does anyone have a good
recommendation for a brand and a reseller for either or both?

One thing I would almost consider is replacing the 30 gig drive in my
TiBook 667 with a larger drive and using it with an enclosure but it is
still under warranty (and will be for 2 more years) so I'm not sure how
I or my employer would feel about that as I'm assuming it would void
the warranty.

Speed is not my ultimate goal here - portability and decent size is.  I
want to be able to partition the drive and carry around multiple CCC
rebuild images in addition to having a goodly amount of space for
transporting semi-large amounts of files.  No digital video - which is
why 30 gigs seems like it would be enough.

Cost isn't a major factor - at least not as major as performance and
reliability.

Thanks!