[Ti] Cleaning screen

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Sat Dec 7 07:13:46 PST 2002

--On Friday, December 6, 2002 12:23 PM -0600 Kynan Shook <kshook at mac.com>
wrote:

> Personally, I just use a water-moistened cloth to clean my screen, which
> is Apple's recommended product.  They also say that a *mild* glass
> cleaner with no alcohol or ammonia is OK, and that Klear Screen is OK as
> well.

This is in Knowledge Base article 60446.

One thing that is also very important is to clean the screen FREQENTLY even
if the marks are not objectionable. As mentioned here recently, in addition
to oils, your fingertips may contain traces of acids or other chemicals
that will permanently etch and mar the surface if given time to work.

Close examination with a magnifier used to examine PC boards shows this in
many places on my screen.

Don't forget to clean the keycaps too while you're at it.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com