Moving Home Folder

George Mosley mosley at dircon.co.uk
Sat Dec 7 13:26:08 PST 2002

I am sure you've all solved this problem ages ago as Pbook users but
I'm new to the list and I've only got David Pogue's "Missing Manual" up
to 10.1.

I set up a firewire disk to become my Home Folder on my Pbook 500 last
month. Great. Came back home and connected the drive but on my iMac the
little Home sign was replaced by a generic firewire drive and all my
preferences/emails etc had gone or lost their links. 2 days later I had
reinstalled the OS and set up the firewire disk again. Great. Now I am
going away again and on starting up the pbook the same thing has
happened. What am I doing wrong? Has 10.2 stopped this fantastic way of
keeping stuff in one place for 2 computers?

I'm running OS 10.2.2

Huge thanks in advance

George