[Ti] humble request (Digest Indexing !!)

Mark C. Langston mark at bitshift.org
Sat Dec 7 15:52:00 PST 2002

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 12:44:55PM -0600, Loren Schooley wrote:

> Not kiddin'. Why not use html or xml to create a webpage email that has
> all the threading format styles ya need? We get HTML mail anyways, as an
> option, at least.

Becasue then, HTML wouldn't be optional for that functionality, it'd
be mandatory, and few people like HTML email.  Further, HTML emails
are larger than plaintext, take longer to download, and require an
HTML-capable mail reader, and the desire to use such functionality.

--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark at bitshift.org                                       mark at seti.org