[Ti] PowerBook sighting!

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Sun Dec 8 15:55:23 PST 2002

Michael,

Although I have no direct proof.. I too have spent many years in the
advertising business - I am wondering where *your* proof is that Apple "Does
not pay for product placements", speaking of bullshirt..  ;-)

Are you the Agency of Record for Apple or what? Haha.

Wait a second.. I am confused about what you're saying here...

You first said "Nope - Apple doesn't pay for product placement."

Then you say "When the lid is not masked, Apple is paying for it; when it is
masked, the producers just want to use the best products on the
planet, regardless of revenue received.."

Shawn follows that up mentioning that they paid for placements in a couple
shows and then you say "you have to cry bullshirt"??

Then you respond again saying Apple provides hardware and/or professional
software for production?

What were you crying bullshirt about?

Apple pays, there is NO free advertising anywhere. ESPECIALLY not on network
TV.

On 12/8/02 3:21 PM, "Michael Bigley" <wakinyan at fuse.net> wrote:

>>> Nope - Apple doesn't pay for product placement.
>>>

>> They did for Berverly Hills 90210 some years back, and the Mission
>> Impossible movie.
>
> Although I have no direct proof Apple, I have spent 10 years in the
> advertising business, and this is common practice. So unless you can
> provide credible sources Shawn, I will have to cry bullshirt.
>
>I will add, that this may not be pay in cash, but in actual hardware
>and/or software... not just for the prop but for video editing, etc.

Bill Reburn