[Ti] Griffin iCurve report

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Sun Dec 8 16:05:00 PST 2002

Thanks for that report Jim,

I just picked up an Apple Pro keyborad to use with my Ti and the iCurve is
the perfect companion. I have a 17"ASDCRT - so this will align the top of
the Ti LCD screen almost perfectly with the top of the Studio Display
screen. Obviously they did this by design for the new Apple LCD's - but was
glad that it will fit perfectly with a CRT as well.

I can't wait to get it (ordered last week) - it will free up considerable
desk space, give it a kick in the ass for cooling (quite literally) and
improve productivity and colour/image quality for me by leaps and bounds. I
am 6'2" so sitting at my desk at a comfortable height means I have to crank
the screen pretty far back.. I love that head bobbing thing I do to see if I
am getting the right viewing angle out of my screen..

I have not seen one in in real life yet - how does the book 'stick' to the
stand? I am thinking the part of the stand that contacts the Ti is 'grippy'
rubber? Or is it just the weight alone holding it so well?

On 12/6/02 10:36 AM, "Jim Soriano" <jsoriano at sumbeach.com> wrote:

> After waiting FOREVER I finally received my Griffin Technology iCurve
> stand <http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/icurve/index.html>.
> It replaces my previous hack solution of using the Apple AirPort Base
> Station box and RoadTools Pivot 360 pad.
>
> They got it right -- this is one awesome accessory.  Perfectly balanced
> for a TiPBG4, the screen is at a very comfortable height and indeed you
> can rotate the system smoothly from side-to-side as you show a
> co-worker something or slouch in your chair.  The angle is perfect if
> you need to occasionally type on the PB keyboard, and my setup of
> external Apple keyboard and mouse snuggle nicely underneath when they
> need to be out of the way.  Fit and finish is flawless -- better than
> Apple's transparent plastic on the Cube or Cinema Displays.  Best
> $39.99 that I've ever spend on a computer accessory.
>
> (N.B. I've no association with Griffin other than now being a happy
> customer.)
>
> Regards,
>
> Jim

Bill Reburn