[Ti] Apple's True Market Share!

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Tue Dec 10 06:02:32 PST 2002

On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 01:32  pm, Sam Hotchkiss wrote:

> I'm pretty sure *nix boxes are more common than macs

Yes you are right *nix boxes are getting more common of late.
However I was specifically talking about Desktop Platforms, the only
*nix desktop platform
with any significant market share is OSX. Only recently have Hardware
vendors
been shipping any significant number of computers with a *nix OS as
default, all so far in a server role.
So most *nix OS's are a pre or post CPU purchase.

I'm comparing Hardware Computer vendors like Apple and IBM, not
software only vendors like Red Hat or Yellow Dog, different market!

Merry Mac'in

Alex
:-)