[Ti] Apple's True Market Share!

Mike Stanley macguy at guarded-inn.com
Tue Dec 10 12:39:23 PST 2002

On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 12:42 PM, Alex wrote:

> This is not a Wintel vs Mac Shoot out or an attempt to bolster the
> worth of Apple or Mac's. I am just showing that Apple is one of the
> top 10 biggest computer manufactures with many companies who produce
> far less computers per year. It would not matter what kind of computer
> they sold Wintel, Mac or Wonder Widget PC.
>
> Now do you get where I am coming from?

Well, even if it were an attempt to bolster the worth of Apple or Mac's
I wouldn't mind - I've made my switch and I'm happy with it.  :)

I just don't think that comparing Apple to individual companies versus
comparing Apple to the whole is the same as comparing Dell to
individual companies versus comparing Dell to the whole.  And I think
that because in many ways it *is* an "us vs them" kind of thing (not
going rabid here - I've still got a PC at home for Quicken and games,
and yeah, I know there is Quicken for the Mac - I just hear it sucks
and I don't want my personal stuff on a laptop from work) because all
the rest of the market (the vast majority of it anyway) is selling the
same kind of thing whereas Apple is not.

I do get where you're coming from - I'm just not sure I agree that
"Apple had (or has) more market share than Toshiba" is a particularly
valuable thing to know.

But yes, Apple is certainly one of the top companies - no denying that.
  That they have offered something that for so long has been so
completely incompatible (to the average joe anyway - I'm thinking pre
10 and possibly even pre 9 days) and maintained a slot among the top
companies shows their products are good.