[Ti] Does not compute!

Christoph Pistor pistorc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 10 18:10:42 PST 2002

dear list,

correct me if I am wrong, but why did Jobs turn into Gates? If I get an
IBM compatible computer today I should be able to instal and run DOS,
and only DOS, on it if I want. Again, correct me if I am wrong, because
I have not done so and I don't know for sure. With my Ti I am forced to
use anything newer than System 9. Even if I much rather prefer the b/w
graphics, the hardrive and RAM savings, and possible speed improvements
of System 6 on a Titanium, I am not "allowed" to do so. In this sense
its not Jobs who is malicious, it is, and has always been, Appel
philosophy to force its customers to use the latest and greatest, even
if they have not he slightest interest in doing so. Please review:

http://www.electric-chicken.co.uk/

for further Appel specific insanity.

Christoph

an otherwise "happy" Ti user