[Ti] Apple's True Market Share!

Chris Olson chris at astcomm.net
Tue Dec 10 21:38:21 PST 2002

Henry Kalir wrote:

> Another (not so original idea is for Apple to port it's OS to the Wintel
> platform...Wintellers can then try it out without any need for additional
> hardware outlay, but Apple might lose some hardware sales.

All you guys who keep advocating that OS X should be ported to x86 are
forgetting something, I think.  OS X would run like a POS on x86.  Case
in point - ever tried the x86 port of Solaris?  OS X is an operating
system that is designed for high-performance hardware, as is Solaris.
The x86 port of Solaris is proof-of-concept and nothing but a learning
tools release for those that won't buy the native hardware.  x86 belongs
to Windows.  I'd leave it that way.
--
Chris Olson
Network Administrator