[Ti] Does not compute!

aron nelson online at diystompboxes.com
Tue Dec 10 23:17:19 PST 2002

>Not to sound insulting, but did you miss the announcement from
>Macworld expo about OS 9 being dead?  As in, no more development?
>Apple is moving on, and is trying to encourage their users and their
>developers to do so as well.

Yep.

>As for your extensions, have you tried to setup classic to use them?
>Or simply assume that since they don't load when classic starts that
>it just won't work?

You are right. For most people yes, classic is good enough.

For an entire music industry it is not.

For them, removing OS 9 means this entire industry will probably not
purchase machines for another 1 to 1.5 years if they ever recover.

There are just so many applications that will never get ported to OS
X and therefore will never run again on new machines.

I'm sure Apple knows this. Part of the reason why they tried to
cripple the fast moving Windows platform by purchasing one of the
major music applications and killing it for Windows.

Aron

Aron Nelson     - aronnelson at diystompboxes.com
Keyboards, Computers, Pianist, Guitar
My Stompbox Page: http://www.diystompboxes.com