sound applications

Neil Cadsawan rainer3 at mac.com
Wed Dec 11 16:38:03 PST 2002

Whoops, I accidentally sent this to the x4u list instead of this one.
So, sorry for the cross posting.

I don't know much about sound and music applications on the Mac, but
one of the arguments from this thread is that musicians would be left
behind if Apple moves to an OSX only boot up for its computers.  My
question is, why aren't these companies porting their software over to
OSX?  Is it because OSX isn't robust enough for them? Is it because
they don't want to? I'm genuinely interested in what's holding back
these companies from offering OSX compatible software.  And even other
software vendors for applications other than sound/music.  Even though
we all know Quark hasn't yet released an OSX version yet, they're going
to. Why aren't/haven't others?

-Neil