[Ti] Apple's True Market Share!

Daniel L Kegan, Kegan & Kegan, Ltd. daniel at KeganLaw.com
Wed Dec 11 19:38:01 PST 2002

The economic analysis should also include the variable
of how many competitors a developer might have for its product.
If the Wintel market share is 95% and Mac 5% and
there are 39 competitors for the product in Wintel and 1 potential competitors
for the product in Mac, and if the product profit is the same,
then the expected unit sales might be the same in Wintel or Mac.

If there were less competition or a monopolist in the Wintel
market, then expected unit sales might actually be less.

Probably other variables, but it is not just the proportion of the pie,
it is also how many other developers the pie has to feed.

Daniel Kegan * daniel at KeganLaw.com * Kegan & Kegan, Ltd
We identify, develop, and protect intangible business assets
and counsel other professionals on legal issues.
Balanced Counsel for Smart Clients * www.KeganLaw.com