[Ti] OSX -- Oh, my

Ron Woodland woodland at infowest.com
Thu Dec 12 14:40:29 PST 2002

I totally agree with Michael.  I've picked up a few terminal tricks, but
I try to stay away from using command lines.  I love the stability and
fluid feel of unix, but it's much more fun experiencing it through the
MacOS interface.  My experience was less painful and more rewarding than
I expected.  The company I work for has been pro-active in obtaining OS
X-native software for me.  Wow!  I can go days without having to use the
Classic environment.  I have seen the future and it is pure OS X.  I
even like MS Office now that I have the X version.  But I have switched
to InDesign from Quark.  With few exceptions, my older Quark docs open
fine in InDesign and I have not looked back.  As expected, the
integration with Illustrator and Photoshop are superior.  So is Adobe's
attitude toward its users.  The local service bureau has been very
supportive of the switch, too.  (That was a big factor in the decision
to go with InDesign.)

Regards,
Ronald Woodland -- St. George, Utah  84770
"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but
it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as
if they were great and noble."  -- Helen Keller