[Ti] Using cellphones

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Thu Dec 12 23:37:34 PST 2002

At 5:44 PM -0800 2002.12.12, Dick Grable wrote:

>Would sure like to know how you got it to work using the voice side to dial
>an ISP. My T68i and S46 work find on the data side but it's 'no dial tone'
>when trying it via the voice side.

I did use GSM with my T68i. I selected the Ericsson T39 14.4 modem script (OS X). This worked with Cingular (in the San Jose area), but not with ATT Wireless here.

The method that worked with Cingular was the same as for any modem connection. I had major problems using IR with my T68i. I think I got the same message that you report. But it worked with bluetooth.

ATT Wireless told me that they don't support GSM dialing, only GPRS. Too bad, since they have a plan for unlimited voice minutes. After buying that plan for unlimited connection minutes, I felt a bit 'tricked'.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)