[OT] [Ti] Apple's True Market Share!

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Fri Dec 13 06:03:41 PST 2002

>  > Ziff-Davis, for one, has published benchmark results showing Windows
>  > 2000 Server beats x86 Linux and FreeBSD.
>
>The people who publish benchmarks wouldn't know the scientific method
>if it bit them on the arse.

Ziff-Davis have their collective heads so far up Microsoft's arse
they should be called MS-Ziff-Davis. When they did their database
shootout last year Oracle and MySQL blew away every other database
tested (I mean they shamed them). So ZD ran a companion article that
was longer than the shootout article that had some "special" SQL
Server benchmarking to make up to M$... blatant arse kissing.  It
isn't about scientific method, it is about revenue.  ZD makes their
money from advertising, giving away their publications to get market
share. They are not going to bite the hand that feeds them.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com