[Ti] Apple's True Market Share!

Mike Stanley macguy at guarded-inn.com
Fri Dec 13 05:46:50 PST 2002

I'm guessing that the answer to your "how come" question runs something like
this:

Because the overwhelming majority of the x86-compatible computer buying
public buys (or builds, as I know alot more people who have assembled AMD
machines than bought them whole) Windows-based machines?

Same reason you see expensive HDTV sets in the stores showing DVDs instead
of displaying local network television brought in over rabbit ears.  Not
implying that Linux or FreeBSD are the qualitative equivalent of
over-the-air analog TV signals, of course, just saying most people buy a
HDTV set to watch DVDs or HDTV broadcasts.