[Ti] [Ti]AOL!

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 14 08:31:14 PST 2002

NaegeleWDC at aol.com tapped out this message on 12/14/2002 10:48 AM

>I have had an AOL account for years, despite its ups and downs.  However,
>I refuse to install their software on my new Ti, nor to use it ever again,
>because of the crashes caused by it on my last PowerBook.  Thus, I only
>access it via the Web and "AOL Anywhere."
>
>Yesterday I could not open their Web site at all using MS IE 5.1 for the
>Mac, and the same is true today.  Also, I can access the site using
>Netscape 6, but for quite a while this morning I could not access my mail
>although I am able to do so now.
>
>AOL has made nice-looking changes to its "AOL Anywhere" site within the
>last few days, and I assume this is the source of the problems.  Perhaps
>the changes screwed up access by Mac users.
>
>Has anyone else encountered similar problems?
>
>Tim Naegele

Tim,
I am not sure what the problem is as the page opens for me even with all
the older browsers I test pages on.

My suggestion is that if you use AOL's latest build of 5 for OS 9, there
should be no problems running it to get mail as it works flawlessly for
me. I don't of course ever use their browser, and only go on the service
to perform my duties.

The new AOL for X does have it's problems, but the version for 9 is
fairly perfect. There are a list of files to trash to keep it "clean" as
with any other browser, and I have not had a crash in about 3 years even
under heavy use in tech support.
Hope this helps.