[Ti] PC Killer on the Loose

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Sat Dec 14 10:20:16 PST 2002

Tony, Benn's message was wrapped after it was sent - placing a space in the
URL.

Ok, PC's have the DVD burning capabilities as well.. But do ANY pc vendors
(Winblows, Roxio...) offer anywhere near the same functionality as the
iTunes/CDR/iPod and iDVD/SuperDrive combinations? For free? I guess I sort
of know the answer there!

I am really surprised these marvelled functions aren't pushed harder to
potential customers outside of Apple. I think Sony is aiming everything they
do at these customers (the digital lifestyle concept), while I feel so many
Apple positive articles/advertisments simply continue to perpetuate the
technical specs war (and oft-mentioned inferiority of Apple products). This
is a PC-centric site - so I guess it's not out of context here. But it's
always annoying that the "Oh, those Mac's are actually pretty good"
perception keeps popping up.. I know many can not equate a high price tag
equally with great value - but come on!

Do MOST people still buy a Windows PC - because it's what they use at
work/what their friends have?

A few Switcher ads hit the nail on the head, but they still focus on the PC
VS Mac wars. I think Apple really needs to rethink this focus and ram it
down people's throats (it is coming slowly I guess). In a few years, more
and more people will be using a computer for more than (if not at all!)
email and web-browsing. Who's system will it be?

Thanks for the link, good article (for Apple).

On 12/14/02 3:19 AM, "Tony Jayms" <tonyjayms at tonyjayms.com> wrote:

> At 2:33 -0700 14/12/02, Benn wrote:
>> <http://www.infoworld.com/articles/pl/xml/02/12/16/ 021216plpowerbook.xml>
>
> Seems to give a bad link.