[Ti] Wireless Access point Recommendation

Mike Stanley macguy at guarded-inn.com
Sat Dec 14 14:51:44 PST 2002

On Saturday, December 14, 2002, at 03:15 PM, Sam Hotchkiss wrote:

> I can tell you that the linksys base station give much LESS bang for
> your
> buck than the apple airport.  When our apple base station died after 3
> years
> of faithful service, we went through 3 linksys', all lasting under 4
> months,
> before getting a new apple base station.

Ught - sorry to hear that.  You must have gotten 3 lemons in a row.
I'm still using my original WAP11 (bought as soon as they hit the
market) and I know at least 10 people personally who own and use them
as well - never a problem.

If Linksys burned you (as Diamond once burned me on their video cards)
and you can't trust them anymore, most other major brands ought to
serve.  The ABS really is overpriced - especially if all one is using
is the WAP functionality of it.