TiBook 800 Questions

jabberjaw at joeken.com jabberjaw at joeken.com
Sat Dec 14 20:33:40 PST 2002

Hey All:

Just joined the list last week when I got my Ivory model TiBook 800
from work.  It's an excellent machine, and the power of BSD mated to
the mac gui has been a godsend.  But, there are still a few issues I'm
wondering about.  Maybe I just messed up the search, but I got zero
meaningful hits for both on the list archives.

1) Stuck Pixels -- I've got a couple of stuck pixels which are mildly
distracting when I'm doing graphic editing and are generally bothersome
on a brand-refurbished machine.  Does anyone have any recommendations
on how to handle that issue?

2) Microphone -- I haven't been very successful finding information on
the built in microphone and programs which can make use of it.  Since
I'm in graduate school right now, the ability to record lectures as
they're being given would be a godsend.

3) Find By Content -- I'm having trouble understanding how the
find-by-content feature of OSX 10.2 works.  If this question would be
more appropriate on another list, it'd be handy to know which one, but
I have documents which I would love to be able to search for content
from the finder, and any advice anyone has would be appreciated.

Loving the new PBG4,
Brandan