[Ti] FYI: no longer a rumor

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Mon Dec 16 09:26:38 PST 2002

For all the confusion people have, I love this at the end,

"The statements today from Apple do not totally go against Steve Jobs'
announcement at Apple Expo Paris that all new Macs would only boot into Mac
OS X in 2003. In his keynote address Jobs said that all new Macs built in
2003 would boot into OS X only -- Apple's statements today say they will
offer certain configurations of their current product to customers that
still want the OS 9 booting option."

Pretty much the way I interpretted it the first time - So the new/current
models being assembled right now (which WILL still be manufactured in early
2003) will still boot to 9.

The 'New' machines built in 2003 will boot X only.

I want a 'New' machine already! bubye Quirk!
I guess next summer is my next target.

On 12/15/02 11:16 PM, "Michael Bigley" <wakinyan at fuse.net> wrote:

> The move of OSX only to June is no longer a rumor:
> http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0212/13.boot.php

Bill Reburn