[Ti] S-Video to TV

Simon Chapman sc at pr100.com
Wed Dec 18 16:09:13 PST 2002

At 9:26 am -0800 18/12/02, coccolithophorid at earthlink.net wrote:
>You could always use the S-Video to video adapter that comes with
>PowerBooks (there should be a video in on the back of your tv) and buy
>a cheap 1/8" stereo out to RCA from Radio Shack for the audio out. Then
>you'll need a video cable for the video, this can all be bought in the
>US for under $10.

Which gives me composite video, right? I have that working and it's ok but
DVD colours are noticeably desaturated. S-Video allegedly gives a superior
picture to composite video. But I got a bit suspicious when I looked thru
the various cables on offer at the online Apple Store. They do offer an
S-Video to Scart cable but not an S-Video to S-Video cable. Scart is
useless to me since I have to move half a ton of equipment to get to the
TV's scart sockets. But my Panasonic and many other modern TVs have an
S-Video input on the front panel so it's a mystery why Apple don't sell
one, or even supply one with every TiBook.

Simon