[Ti] Next iteration of Tibooks?

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Mon Dec 23 09:35:31 PST 2002

>  > I'm guessing that they'll be /announced/ at MWSF in Jan, but probably
>>  won't be shipping in quantity until Feb or March, as per usual.
>

>No way-- this would be WAY too soon on apple's release schedule.  The last
>update was a BIG DEAL-- they're not going to upgrade again until AT LEAST MW
>boston

Apple has historically been moving away from system upgrade
announcements at these big venues because it interrupts the sales
cycle for a couple of months before the event. I would look for Jobs
to wow folks with a final version of iSync, perhaps some more
PDA-like features of the iPod and either an attachment to the iPod
that will allow MPEG4 viewing or a new device that incorporates such
(these are the new tech gadgets that are hitting the market, and
Apple can't afford the iPod appearing to get "stale").

I would look at June for new TiBook models, which is the extended
deadline of OSX-only boxen.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com