[Ti] Next iteration of Tibooks?

Adam Boettiger boettiger at pobox.com
Mon Dec 23 09:38:28 PST 2002

> I'm curious as to why its hard to decide when to buy.  If you need a
> computer, and the current model meets your needs then it is a good time
> to buy.

It's like that television commercial where you see that guy driving home
from the computer store with the latest and greatest model in the back of
his convertible.  He passes by a billboard sign that says the next model is
now available for purchase...<G>

I would imagine a number of factors:

1. Pricing tends to drop on the current iteration of iBooks and Tibooks when
the next iteration is released, or just prior, so there's an opportunity to
save a few hundred bucks if one is interested in buying the 1 GHz one.

2. If you're going to keep a Tibook or iBook for more than a year then you
may want the latest version - at least I would - so that it meets your needs
longer performance-wise.

It's probably a personal preference issue more than anything else, but I
think having the latest version for "coolness factor" probably only
influences those who buy a laptop and flip it every year for a new one,
which I don't.

AB