[Ti] Spilt juice!!...cannot compute!!

Luke Mazzeri etyrnal at ameritech.net
Mon Dec 23 14:43:29 PST 2002

On Monday, December 23, 2002, at 08:36  PM, Christopher Owens wrote:

> On Monday, December 23, 2002, at 01:54  PM, Hayes-Holgate, Shaun wrote:
>
>> Will applecare cover this?
>
> No.
>
>>  Is it fixable?
>
> Yes, but you pay for it.
>
>> Am I up cyber creek without a laptop?
>
> Pretty much.

DISCLAIMER:

I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS.  I AM JUST SPECULATING
ABOUT WHAT I MIGHT DO IN A SCREWED UP SITUATION LIKE THIS.

If i had NO other options, i would remove the battery, unplug it, and
spray the affected areas with a residue-less  aerosol contact cleaner
or something like that ...  the good stuff is like $20+ bucks a can...
i'd do it so the contact cleaner did NOT hit the screen or the paint...
  i'd make sure keep the cleaner from running into things like
cd-drives...

what's the water that has absolutely nothing in it?  Distilled?  Would
distilled water have ZERO minerals in it?  Maybe a soft cloth lightly
dampened w/ distilled water would be good to daub the juice residue off
the boards...

I would definitely want to get the acidity of the juice off of there
soon.  If the juice went DEEP-IN-THERE - wow.  Good Luck!

P.s.  your story is the EXACT reason i don't allow liquid of ANY SORT
within ten feet of my power book no matter how deceivingly 'safe' it
appears to be.  I might even consider taking some sort of drug to
inhibit salivation or tearing...

no one ever intentionally pours juice into your computer - it's always
an accident.

Ever heard the expression "An Accident Waiting To Happen." ??  Juice or
other liquids within ten feet of a computer (especially a prized
possession or one with work in it your life depends upon) = Accident
Waiting To Happen.

---
http://www.mp3.com/lukeetyrnal   (music no one likes)
etyrnal at ameritech.net